Thursday, July 23, 2026

Review of super cute historical romance The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan

 

My day job is crazy right now.  Deadline, deadline, deadline.  Sometimes my day job is becoming my night job.  When things get like this I tend to read less and watch more TV ("need to rest my eyes").  But when I picked up The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan, even though I only had time to read it in ten minute increments, it lured me away from ten minutes increments of pre-Covid shoot-em-ups about a pandemic and pre-what the hell has happened to the world shows about fast-talking idealists.  Luckily, it's really short so it didn't take many ten minute increments to read.

The Governess Affair is an ideal romance.  Our heroine Serena is wronged but incredibly strong-willed and smart.  Our hero Hugo thinks he just wants to get rich and leave his impoverished past behind, but what he really wants is the love of a good woman.  Adorableness ensues.  Highly recommend. 

Here's a review of another Milan book I loved.   

Note from Jasmine Gold: As the name of this blog indicates, I write erotica. Check out my dark, dystopian novel about naked sex slaves, Mindgames. Your darkest fantasies, with a phenomenal plot and characters you will come to think of as beloved friends. Available on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited  and in paperback.  Or read my book of short stories about hot, consensual sex, The Mature Woman's Guide to Desire, available on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of super cute historical romance The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan

  My day job is crazy right now.  Deadline, deadline, deadline.  Sometimes my day job is becoming my night job.  When things get like this I...