Sunday, October 20, 2019

Protagonist

Protagonist

When I lay down at night,
I think of you.
I think of what will happen next,
What might happen,
What could happen,
A hundred futures in my hands.
Sometimes I rewrite the past,
Make you a jealous stepson
Or a jilted or jilting lover.
Sometimes I send you into peril,
And bring you out, changed but not diminished,
To teach you compassion.
It hurts, I know.
I try not to make you too handsome.
Too handsome makes me uncomfortable,
And I get to decide.
Sometimes I can almost feel your arms around me.
Sometimes I take away your friends,
Except that sometimes you are my best friend,
In the long, lonely nights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Regency romance The Scandalous Ladies of London: The Countess by Sophie Jordan, heroine Tru trades up from a cad to a hotter cad

  The Scandalous Ladies of London: The Countess by Sophie Jordan is apparently the first in a series of Regency romances about a group of...