Tuesday, July 5, 2022

The Eighth Step (an angry, non-smutty poem by me)

I'm posting this poem on this blog because it's in response to a family member insisting on discussing issues about my childhood I raised in a poem I posted on a blog under my real name.  (Which is not to say a pen name is not a real name, but that's a philosophical issue for another day.)  Rather than getting into an endless unpleasant loop, I present:

 THE EIGHTH STEP

Confrontation
Is not all that. 
 
Forgiveness
Is not all that. 
 
Take your 8th step
And choke on it.
 
Go to your higher power
And tell him/her/it/they
That I moved on so long ago
That the only thing left to forgive
Is you reminding me
Of what I survived. 
 
Person 1: 
 
The time my baby
Was in the backseat
As I drove you to the airport
And you mentioned offhandedly
That your program requires
That you seek forgiveness
And would I mind?
 
Why, yes, I would.
 
Person 2: 
 
The time you said
You don’t really remember any of it
But would I forgive you? 
 
Whatever. 
 
I slide away,
As I used to.
Then, I was biding time until I
Could build my own life.
Now I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Regency romance The Scandalous Ladies of London: The Countess by Sophie Jordan, heroine Tru trades up from a cad to a hotter cad

  The Scandalous Ladies of London: The Countess by Sophie Jordan is apparently the first in a series of Regency romances about a group of...