Sunday, December 19, 2021

Review of mostly delightful Regency Romance His Wicked Wish by Olivia Drake, and a holiday gift for my readers

 His Wicked Wish: A Cinderella Sisterhood Novel (Cinderella Sisterhood Series Book 5) by [Olivia Drake]

I grabbed His Wicked Wish by Olivia Drake off of my to-be-read shelf because a knee injury forced me to work out at the gym instead of going for a run.  And that meant I needed to interrupt the modern romance I'm reading on my Kindle for a paperback I can leave around while I'm doing the weight machine circuit.

I could not put this book down.  I extended my time on the elliptical machine and then came home and finished the novel (which means I need a new book for when I return to the gym tomorrow).  

His Wicked Wish is chock full of delightful things:  It's 1) a Regency romance 2) about an actress who enters into a marriage of convenience 3) with a noble (an earl, maybe?  I can't remember) 4) who is nice to servants and 5) against all appearances she's actually a virgin and 6) she's actually the granddaughter of a duke and 6) they're both hot and 7) they fall in love.

Alas, this gooey goodness gets interrupted about 90 percent into the book when the heroine gets kidnapped.  I'm not putting a spoiler alert here because at this point is it a spoiler when the heroine gets kidnapped in a Regency romance?  Oh, yeah, and there's a plot point resolved by a near-fatal illness.  

I still give this book a solid B, but it's a shame it couldn't stick the landing.  

On another topic:

Today is Sunday, December 18, 2021, and it is the LAST DAY that you can get a free Kindle copy of my smutty, dark dystopian romance about naked sex slaves, Mindgames.   Everyone deserves at least one present at the holidays that they will love.  This is my gift to you.  

Mindgames by [Jasmine Gold]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of two plots in one modern romance The Worst Best Man by Lucy Score

  Modern romance The Worst Best Man by Lucy Score is really two books.  The first is a wacky adventure story in which heroine Frankie and ...