Monday, May 24, 2021

If you thought my novel about naked sex slaves was hot, wait until you hear Ruan Willow read an excerpt

 I'm a late adopter of podcasts.  It's only in the last six months or so that I've started to listen to them, generally while doing housework.  I started with Imagined Life, in which the listener is read a biography without names and is, I guess, supposed to be surprised to learn who the subject is.  I quickly grew frustrated as it's generally easy to reverse engineer your way into guessing the mystery person within the first few minutes of the podcast.  (Let's see, who is the one architect middle class Americans have heard of?  Or the episode titled "the Bride"?  Seriously, if you can't figure who that is from the title alone I salute you for having spent your life focusing on things that matter.)  I sampled a few others, but eventually settled into The Daily, the New York Times' podcast, which is generally interesting enough to get me through the dishes even if sometimes ignorantly mainstream.

And then Ruan Willow offered to record an excerpt from Mindgames, my dark dystopian novel about naked sex slaves, and my life was changed forever.   Hearing Ruan bring my characters to life with her sexy, seductive voice is a thrill.  Secretly listening to her very smutty podcast, Oh F*ck Yeah, on my headphones while mopping the floor with my family members none the wiser about why I have a foolish grin on my face -- priceless.  Check it out here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review of two plots in one modern romance The Worst Best Man by Lucy Score

  Modern romance The Worst Best Man by Lucy Score is really two books.  The first is a wacky adventure story in which heroine Frankie and ...